In a stunning display of skill and determination, the Highland Park Scots boys water polo team has claimed the coveted 1st place position in District 2-6A. This achievement follows their resounding victory in a home game against Prosper Walnut Grove on Friday, September 8th, 2023, with a final score of 20-6.
The Scots wasted no time in making their intentions clear as they surged ahead in the first quarter with a commanding 7-0 lead. Their precision passing, exceptional ball-handling abilities, and unwavering defense applied constant pressure to the opposing team, setting the tone for the match.
By halftime, the Scots had extended their lead to an impressive 11-1, further solidifying their dominance. The team's cohesive gameplay and relentless pursuit of scoring opportunities made it clear that they were a force to be reckoned with in District play.
Notable scorers and key contributors in this victory included:
- Jacob Duong: Jacob displayed his offensive prowess, netting an astonishing 12 goals for the Scots. He also showcased his playmaking abilities with 2 assists.
- Zachary Slaughter: Zachary's combination of 3 goals and 4 assists highlighted his ability to both score and create opportunities.
- Janberk San: Janberk's 2 goals added to the team's offensive firepower.
- Senior captain Noah Morse: Noah contributed 1 goal and an impressive 5 assists, showcasing his leadership and playmaking skills.
- Calvin Somers: Calvin scored his first goal of the season, a memorable moment in the game.
- Savva Walker: Savva demonstrated his playmaking abilities with 1 assist.
- Cainan Cohen: Cainan's 2 assists helped set up crucial scoring opportunities.
- Senior captain GB Stalnaker: GB's exceptional defensive play allowed only 1 goal in the first half of the game. He also contributed 2 assists, emphasizing his versatility and leadership.
This remarkable victory has not only secured the Highland Park Scots' position as 1st place in District 2-6A but has also established them as a formidable force in the world of water polo. As the season unfolds, the Scots are well-positioned for continued success, and their competitors will undoubtedly be keeping a close eye on this exceptional team.