The Lady Scots Track & Field Team celebrated the 2019-20 season at their virtual banquet on Thursday, May 14th. The captains did an amazing job with planning and organizing the banquet. Thanks to the captains’ parents and all of the other parents who helped us throughout the season. We appreciate all of you so much!
The following athletes received Academic All-District: Freshmen – Emily Adams, Allison Cannon, Katherine Ann Cochran, Lauren Courtney, Brantley Diehl, Ailey Fidler, Mia Green, Chloe Haag, Grace Hathaway, Sylvie Henry, Savannah Hinze, Charlotte Hudson, Joyce Jiang, Raina Pietrzak, Mason Prather, Windsor Rhodes, India Roberts, Alexis Scott, Hattie Speicher, Peyton Stone, Parker Wideman, Charlya Williams, Julia Yates; Sophomores – Lilly Baumgartner, Alexandra Jack, Ellie Jones, Mercer Keiser, Katherine Anne Massey, Alli Grace Ott, Scarlett Randall, Ali Reardon, Isabella Reynolds, Lola Rodriguez, Kate Rossley, Taylor Saphier, Abigail Schott, Mary Margaret Sell, Avery Turner, Zoe Wilcox, Ali Worthen; Juniors – Adelaide Aiken, Izzy Blaylock, Allison Brown, Lynne Bush, Claire Cochran, Kathryn Dunnill, Cameron Fawcett, Kendall Ferguson, Anna Gregory, Dharma Kikkeri, Katarina McIlveene, Caroline Morton, Sophia Oliai, Meredith Sims, Flora Solymosi, Paityn Soucy, Hannah Thayer, Elle Thompson; Seniors – Gracyn Applegate, Margaret Chambless, Olivia Conner, Erin Harper, Margaret Kemp, Mary Warriner Kemp, Alie Lavish, Rebekah Miller, Alexis Sharrieff, and Phoebe Spackman.
For Academic All-State, the Texas High School Coaches Association recognizes seniors who have a GPA of at least 92, and also includes SAT/ACT scores and class rank. THSCA categorizes the winners as Elite Team, 1st Team, 2nd Team, or Honorable Mention. The following seniors were recognized: Gracyn Applegate – 2nd Team, Margaret Chambless – 2nd Team, Olivia Conner – 1st Team, Erin Harper – Honorable Mention, Margaret Kemp – Honorable Mention, Alie Lavish – 2nd Team, Alexis Sharrieff – Honorable Mention, and Phoebe Spackman – 1st Team.
The above seniors were also recognized by the Texas Track & Field Coaches Association for achieving the honor of Academic All-State. For this association, the senior athletes must have a GPA of at least 92.
The following special awards were also given:
1) Junior Varsity Athlete of the Year – Mia Green and Katherine Anne Massey
2) Newcomer of the Year – Hattie Speicher
3) Heart Award – Gracyn Applegate, Margaret Chambless, Olivia Conner, Margaret Kemp, Mary Warriner Kemp, Alie Lavish, and Annemarie Whalen
4) Track Athlete of the Year – Cameron Fawcett
5) Field Athlete of the Year – Alie Lavish
6) Sally Smith Team Spirit Award – Claire Cochran
7) The Scottie Award – Erin Harper
8) Lady Scot Award (on the team all 4 years) – Gracyn Applegate, Margaret Chambless, Olivia Conner, Erin Harper, Mary Warriner Kemp, Alie Lavish, Melenaite Pahulu, Phoebe Spackman, and Annemarie Whalen
9) Ultimate Lady Scot Award (on the cross country/track & field teams all 4 years) – Gracyn Applegate & Annemarie Whalen
The coaches are so proud of the team. Thank you seniors for all that you have done for this program – we love you and wish you only the best!